Australian Federal Governement Services

NAATI Certified Translations

NAATI or National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters is the national standard for translators and interpreters within Australia. The NAATI organisation is in turn responsible for setting, maintaining and encouraging a High Quality of translation and interpretation throughout Australia. But the question is, when does someone need to use a NAATI Certified Translator?

In General, you will need a NAATI Certified Translator if you have Personal Foreign Documents which need to be translated to English so it can be presented to an Australian Government Agency. Personal Foreign Documents are documents issued by another country such as Identity and Citizenship documentation, Birth Certificates, Marriage Certificates, Divorce Certificates, and Death certificates. However, it also includes University degrees, School diplomas, Police clearances, Medical reports, Custody agreements, Wills, Evidence of de-facto relationship and more.

A few examples of Australian Government Agencies requiring a NAATI Certified Translation are Universities, the Department of Foreign Affairs, The Department of Immigration and Border Protection etc...

At idiomatic Translations Australia we understand that everyone's situation is different so we invite you to contact us, or Request a Free Quote so we can answer any additional questions and provide you the fast, friendly and affordable solution you deserve.